Exercise with your kids: Challenge 2
I hope you and you kids have done the challenge 1, and you are now experts on standing on your toes for long periods. With this challenge, you will strengthen your glutes and improve your balance.
CHALLENGE 2: STAND ON ONE LEG
• Stand only on one leg with the other foot by your ankle
• You can start supporting the foot on the standing leg
• Repeat with the other leg
• Bring your foot to your knee without touching the supporting leg
• Keep the leg parallel
• Start with 20 counts
• The goal is staying in each foot for 1 minute without losing your balance
• Do it for 5 days to check improvement
At any moment of the day where you are relaxed, this requires to be focused
• Suck in your abdominal muscles
• Engage your buttocks
• Elongate your body
• Concentrate on your breathing. Breath out through the mouth and engage the abdominal muscles
• For better balance, open your arms shoulder high
• Choose a spotting point to focus for balance control
Close your eyes and see for how long you can stay
• Strengthening of the deep abdominal muscles, glutes, thighs and calves
• Balance improvement
• Strengthens the ankle joint
• Improves concentration
The winner of this challenge gets the badge: The TREE
(You can print ou the below badge)
GO TO CHALLENGE 3: TOUCH YOUR TOES. HERE
I hope this challenge motivates you to exercise more often.
If you want to take your children's core strength to the next level, I invite you to try our personalised virtual sessions.
- Functional group exercise on Mondays at 5 pm.
- Bespoke Pilates private sessions to target specific issues.